Shipping & Returns
- If your order is received before 11 a.m. it will be shipped the same business day. Exceptions to this are custom orders, special items, or items that are on back order.
- We use UPS, FedEx, or the U.S. Postal Service and will choose the best shipping method for your geographic area.
- Once a package has left our warehouse all guarantees of delivery are provided by the shipping carrier. Biretta Books will be happy to work with you to help resolve any problems you may encounter but is not responsible for delays in delivery based on carrier restrictions due to weather, or other extenuating circumstances.
- Because the USPS delivery is unreliable, and nearly impossible to navigate when problems arise, if you choose USPS as the shipping carrier for your order Biretta Books cannot be held responsible if your package is lost, stolen, delivered to the wrong address, delayed delivery, or any other circumstances out of our control once the package in in the possession of the USPS.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the broad scale shut down of our country all shipping carriers (USPS, UPS, & FedEx) have delays on their normal shipping time lines, and tracking, particularly with USPS, is often not functioning as it should.
Because these delays are widespread, and Biretta Books has a very limited staff, it is not possible for us to tend to all concerns with shipping as they arise. We ask that all customers please use the following guidelines before contacting us regarding the delivery of your package:
1) Please use the tracking information that is sent to you automatically to track your package.
2) Please allow extra time for your package to arrive, up to 20 business days if you choose Media Mail as your shipping method.
3) Please contact the shipping carrier first if you are concerned about the arrival of your package, open a case with the carrier, and record the case number.
4) If you have done all of the above, and you have not received your package after 15 business days please contact us and provide the following information:
a) your order number
b) the shipping carrier tracking number
c) the shipping carrier case number
d) the details of the delay
5) We will be happy to determine next steps, order cancellation, and refund, if necessary.
We apologize for any inconvenience and deeply appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- Please note that local or domestic customs charges and taxes may occur on international shipments, depending on your region and local customs duties, laws, or taxes.
- These additional local charges are not included in the price of goods sold on birettabooks.com or in the shipping cost calculated at checkout.
- These additional fees are based on the value of the order and are the customer's sole responsibility upon arrival of their package.
- Biretta Books is not responsible for paying or calculating these fees.
- Though it is often the least expensive shipping carrier for international packages, the USPS is unreliable, at best. Packages cannot be tracked once they leave U.S. soil.
- If you choose USPS for delivery of shipping of an international order Biretta Books will not be responsible for packages lost or undelivered.
- Customers shipping internationally are responsible for checking with their local customs office and mail delivery if a package has not been delivered within an expected time frame.
- If a product is defective upon arrival, you must notify us in writing via email within two business days (not including the day of delivery) and provide us with digital photos showing the defect(s) along with your written description of the defect.
- Biretta Books will replace any goods which arrive damaged or short delivered, or will arrange the return of such goods and refund your payment in whole or in part as appropriate.
- If you are dissatisfied with your order, have not made use of the item(s), and your items were not custom ordered, Biretta Books will accept a return and refund the purchaser for the cost of the item(s) when they are received in new condition, still wrapped in cellophane.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of return shipping and tracking, as well as loss or damage in return transit.
- If a return is approved for a defective item the cost of the item, and shipping costs, will be refunded to the purchaser.
- For other returned items, except for custom orders (see below) the cost of the item will be refunded to the purchaser less the cost of shipping, insurance, and a restocking fee.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted on any item 30 days after the date of delivery.
- We can not accept any returns or exchanges on custom orders (where items have been made specifically to order or imprinted) unless the goods are delivered to you in defective condition or are clearly not made to the agreed-upon specifications.
- Because they are special order items we cannot accept returns on any Church Goods and metalware (chalices, patens, monstrances, reliquaries, etc.) unless an item arrives defective.
- Clergy apparel is not eligible for return (cassocks, clergy shirts, biretttas, etc.) unless it arrives defective.