1962 Parish Ritual (Collectio Rituum)
The 1962 Parish Ritual (Collectio Rituum) is designed for parish priests.
Whereas the full version of the Roman Ritual is printed in three volumes, this handy-size one-volume version of the 1962 Parish Ritual (Collectio Rituum), reprinted in 2019, includes the most commonly used rites and ceremonies for parish use.
This Latin/English Ritual will certainly be a benefit for all priests who wish to have a useful travel-size book.
The is newly typeset edition 1962 Parish Ritual (Collectio Rituum) was edited by Father Frederick R. McManus and Father Bede Babo, O.S.B., and has 314 pages. The book has been printed with high quality ink; the cover is made with bonded flex black leather, and includes a gold cross on the front and back covers, gilt edges, two ribbons, sewn signatures, round & gilt edges, and durable end sheets.
The Psalmody used in the 1962 Parish Ritual (Collectio Rituum) is taken from the beautiful Vulgate Latin of St. Jerome. Where Scripture occurs, the English translation is taken from the traditional English Douay-Rheims edition. The Gregorian chant square note notation is clearly typeset and easy to read.
Table of Contents
- Baptism: 1-104
- Confirmation of the Sick & Danger of Death: 105-109
- Sacrament of Penance: 109-120
- Administration of Holy Communion outside of Mass: 121-124
- Forty Hours: 125-138
- Benediction: 139-140
- Extreme Unction: 141-149
- Communion of the Sick: 150-155
- Visitation and Care of the Sick: 156-165
- Manner of Assisting of the Dying: 166-184
- The Funeral Rite: 185-220
- Celebration of Marriage; Silver or Golden Wedding Anniversary, etc.: 221-250
- Blessings (most common & frequently used): 251-296
- Litanies: 297-308
- Prayer for the Church & Civil Authorities: 309-310
- Index: 311-314
- Appendix 1: Hymns
- Appendix 2: Blessing of St Benedict Medal, Solemn Blessing of the Cross, longer act of Consecration of the Sacred Heart