Missale Romanum, 1962, Benziger
1,290 pages, 8 3/8" x 11 1/2"
The Missale Romanum, 1962, by Benziger Brothers, is a deluxe, high-quality Altar Missal for the priests who offer the Traditional Latin Mass.
This new printing of the 1962 Benziger Brothers edition of the traditional Missale Romanum in Latin includes these features:
- hard casing in red durable bonded leather (wears better than leather and requires no special care)
- ornate gold-embossing on both cover boards and spine
- thick cover boards and reinforced spine with decorative hubs (as shown above on the original)
- poly-grosgrain colored ribbons finished with bows (prevents fraying)
- strong midi-braid leads bridging ribbons to the spine (protects pages and life of ribbons)
- flexible bonded leather tabs in matching cover color and black
- original quality black and red text throughout (all exact scans of the original pages)
- sturdy sewn binding and endsheet construction
- gilded page edges
- a slip jacket for proper storage of your investment
The famed Benziger Brothers were one of America's premier printers to the Apostolic See. This is a faithful reprint of their 1962 Altar Missal for the Traditional Latin Mass. It is a beautiful gift to priests who treasure the beauty of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. The text of the Missale Romanum is entirely in Latin.
This handsome Latin Altar Missal is in complete conformity with the final revisions made by the Holy See in 1962 to the traditional Roman Missal, this edition includes:
- ST. JOSEPH'S NAME IN THE CANON (added in November 1962)
- AD LIBITUM PREFACES (added in July 1962 and which includes the restored Advent preface)
- PRO ALIQUIBUS LOCIS section specifically arranged for the USA DIOCESES per the 1962 liturgical calendar (added in December 1962
- Original imprimatur by Cardinal Francis Spellman